Getting Started with Adult Speech Therapy
At Speechaim, we work with adults who would like to have accent reduction, improve stuttering, or developed issues and difficulties with their speech due to various life circumstances such as a major head injury to a stroke. We help adults who show any range of difficulties with communication and speech. These include but are not exclusive to:
- Someone who is looking to achieve accent reduction,
- Changes to someone's speech following a stroke,
- Communication difficulties associated or caused by a long-term neurological condition,
- An adult who struggles to use and understand language,
- Signs of significant stuttering, in which sounds or words are repeated or significant effort is needed to produce them,
- Someone who speaks with a strange voice quality, for example sudden changes in volume,
- Someone who struggles with pronunciation.
We understand that speech therapy as an adult may be a daunting and somewhat scary option for you. However, we believe that intervention through therapy is the best way of reducing your symptoms and side effects of your speech difficulty.
It is important to tackle symptoms of speech and language difficulties head on to prevent any adverse effects in your life. If you lack an understanding or ability to speak, you may suffer in a range of social situations which can negatively affect your lifestyle and quality of living.
Speech Therapy Sessions for Adults
At Speech Aim we have designed a number of therapy sessions, specially tailored to improve your exact symptoms and language concerns. We understand that every person has a unique speech and language profile, with no two adults being the exact same. As a result, all of our therapy sessions will work one on one with you, in order to make the best development in your speech. After an initial consultation session, we will be able to create a program specially designed to counter the symptoms that you are showing, help you improve your speech, as well as provide you with a range of tips and tricks that you can use at home to further increase progress.
All of our therapists are available around the clock whenever you need them. At home, at work or any location you may need them. For more information, or to schedule an appointment please contact us below.